Poolside at Village de Ménard near Vieux Fort, Marie-Galante
Start with the essentials, including passports, itineraries, airline tickets, vouchers, traveler's checks, cash, credit cards, driver's licenses, prescription drugs, glasses and any important phone numbers. It's even a good idea to keep a copy of your documents in your luggage and at home. Even though there is very little crime in Marie-Galante, it never hurts to be cautious when you are in an unfamiliar environment. International travelers should keep critical items with them at all times or in their hotels safe. If you have an early morning departure, be sure to retrieve your valuables from the hotel safe the night before since they may not be accessible before the regular work day begins.
Please click here for a directory of travel gear and luggage resources.
Please click here for a directory of travel clothing and swimwear resources.
Dont forget to pack:
1. The Essentials (see above) plus your clothes, swimwear and toiletries
2. A 110-220 voltage converter & plug adapter for appliances
3. Contact lens solutions (very expensive in the tropics, if you can find them at all)
4. A candle in a small metal container (useful for power failures and/or romantic moods)
5. Spare batteries for cameras, clocks, etc.
6. Copies of any helpful guidebook pages, articles or web site info
7. A camera and plenty of film (another expensive item in the tropics)
8. A special film bag to protect any high-speed film from airport x-rays
9. A small flashlight
10. Names & addresses for postcards (putting them on labels in advance works great)
11. A French mini-phrase book/dictionary
12. That book you've been meaning to read
13. Spare glasses and/or contacts
14. Mosquito repellent
15. Sunglasses and hat
16. Lots of sunscreen and lip block
17. Alarm clock
18. Sandals & sneakers
19. Plastic bags (zip-locks are best) for laundry, etc.
20. Sports gear (snorkel, mask, etc.)
If you check all of your luggage with an airline, there is a chance that it may be damaged, delayed or even lost forever. Experienced travelers keep their most important items in a carry-on bag. Travel as lightly as possible. Check with your airline for maximum sizes, weights and restrictions. If you travel by air to Marie-Galante from Guadeloupe, your carry-ons will be put into the luggage compartment of the plane.
|Back to Helpful Info Page for Marie-Galante|
|Back to Main Page for Marie-Galante|
|Home Page||About Us||Advertising||Contact Us||Policies / Privacy|
© 2001 Caribbean-Direct / All Rights Reserved
Unauthorized Reproduction of Images, Text, Audio, Video or Other Content Prohibited