View from the Honeymoon Suite at the Carl Gustaf Hôtel above Gustavia in St. Barthélemy
According to the Law of May 27, 2009 - Non-residents who want to be married in St. Barth no longer have an obligation to live in the island at least one month prior to marriage. Couples wishing to be married must send an application addressed to the maire (mayor) of their chosen community. This application must arrive at least one month prior to the desired wedding date. The application must include the following documents:
1. A letter signed and dated by the engaged couple, making application to be married within the provisions of article 58 of the Law No. 2009-594 of May, 27, 2009 with the specific date of the proposed marriage included.
2. Legal copies of birth certificates of both applicants.
3. Proof of identity of both applicants via copy of valid passports.
4. Full names, birthdates, birthplaces, addresses and professions of the parents of both applicants.
5. Full names, birthdates, birthplaces, addresses and professions of the witnesses to the proposed marriage.
For more details and specifics, please download Se Marier Dans les Collectivités and/or contact the island's tourist office.
Often, couples choose to be legally married elsewhere and then follow up with an unofficial wedding ceremony, reception and/or celebration on the island.
|Back to Helpful Info Page for St. Barth|
|Back to Main Page for St. Barth|
|Home Page||About Us||Advertising||Contact Us||Policies / Privacy|
© 2001 Caribbean-Direct / All Rights Reserved
Unauthorized Reproduction of Images, Text, Audio, Video or Other Content Prohibited